Monday, November 26, 2007

#18 Finish Line


So, here it is, the end. All is finished and done, with many things learnt and many things left to learn. Where exactly did I get?... I got to the place of knowing that no matter how much I uncover there will always be something else to find.

I think that the most interesting things that I found were Zoho Writer, and Flickr mashups. I also spent quite a bit of time with RSS feeds.

Throughout the rest of my working life, I will need to continue to keep up with the emerging technologies, in order to provide the service that is necessary. This thought places a bit of pressure on me, but also provides a challange that, I would like to think, I as library employee will be able to do. All in all I think that this program has assisted and changed the way I work, and also the way I provide assistance.

One thing that I did find was that it took quite a while on each exercise. There were times that I felt guilty about the amount of time that the program was taking up, and how I could have been doing a whole range of collection work instead. Having said that, I can see the benefit of spending time on each new thing, without using a quaility amount of time the whole program would be worthless.

Thanks to Lynette, Leanne, and Mark providing this program.

May all who tread these paths be changed, αμήν!

1 comment:

The Learning 2.0 Program said...

Congratulations on completing the program. I hope you have found it useful and you may be able to use some of these technologies in your work in the future.

Lynette